Wednesday 28 May 2014

Review | NARS Sheer Glow Foundation






The NARS Sheer Glow is a foundation i have wanted for a long time, and when i got it for my birthday a couple of weeks ago i was extremely excited. I had seen many youtubers and bloggers rave about this and am i joining in on the hype? Yes. 
Firstly, the packaging is really nice. It's sophisticated and very 'clean' looking. The only fault i have for it would be that there is no pump, however i hear its possible to invest in one so i may have to do that so i can control how much to put on. 
When applied with hands it gives a light to medium coverage, which is how i like to wear it when i'm having a good skin day. It just covers enough to blur those imperfections but you can still see your skin coming through. When applied with a reasonably dense fluffy brush it gives a medium coverage and when applied with a stippling brush it also gives a medium coverage. I like it applied with a stippling when i'm having a not so good skin day and it is easily buildable in places i'm looking for even extra coverage. I've also heard a beauty blender applies it nicely, i do not own one to see if this is true but i would really like to buy one. 
Because i have dry skin, thicker foundations normally make my skin look flakey, but i've found this leaves it quite glowy ( as expected from the name ) with only a few patches that still flake, but i just don't put as much of it on in those places. I've also found i only need to add on extra concealer under my eyes with this foundation as it covers my blemishes with no problem.

Buy the foundation- here or here
Price- £31
My shade- Deauville


2 comments: