Sunday 25 May 2014

Alex Box Inspired






Hello!
       This is my first post on this blog and i would quickly like to say, welcome. I will hopefully be posting on here on sundays, tuesdays, wednesdays and fridays however things might change as i get use to blogging.
 For my first blog i thought i would show you a project i did for art, which was experimenting with face paints, using Alex Box as my inspiration. I think Box's work is incredible and truly proves how makeup can be such a beautiful form of art. I chose to copy one of her darker pieces as i thought it would be fun to play with heavy contouring and have such a big contrast in colours on my palette. The person i worked on was my friend Becca, who has a blog ' Bxbeccaa ' so please check her out if you would like too. The first picture is Box's piece and the following three are my interpretations.
          Thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy what this blog has to come.

4 comments:

  1. Hey thank you for the post on my blog! This is such a cool art project :) I think you did a wonderful job recreating an inspired look! Now following <3

    abitgraceful.blogspot.com ∆

    ReplyDelete
  2. woow, nice!
    thanks for checking out my blog. im your new follower :))

    have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete