Tuesday 27 May 2014

How I Style: Oversized Tee's

Look No.1
Look No.1
Necklace: New Look
Top: Asos
Leggings: Internacional
Look No.2
Look No.2
Necklace: Newlook
Top: Asos
Cardigan: Primark

 Look No.2
Shoes: Deichman
Baggy/oversized tee's, i find, are one of the hardest items of clothing to make wearable. They are one of those things that look incredible on the model but when you come to trying to make it work on your self, it becomes a struggle. Last week I thought i would just bite the bullet and order this plain white one from asos (size 2, and its still this huge!) as i wanted to challenge my self and share with you how i ended up styling it. 
 The first look is for when the weathers a bit more chilli and is quite casual, however you could still dress it up or down deepening on the shoes and jacket you wear with it. I chose to tie the tee into a baggy, messy crop top and pair it with some black disco pants. I'm actually really loving this look and have worn it quite a bit since discovering it. 
 I think any outfit including an oversized tee, needs a statement necklace. For both my looks i chose a statement necklace as i feel it really ties the look together and makes it look more like an outfit, rather than some baggy pjs! 
 The second look is for a more dressed up, day time look in summer. I chose to go all out and where the top as a dress, which at first i was a bit spectacle about but once i paired it with the statement necklace, an oversized cardigan and some small heeled boots, the outfit suddenly became whole and i surprisingly love it. 
Have you tried making the baggy tee trend work? Let me know in the comments, i'd love to know how you style it! Also, sorry the photo quality isn't great, the lighting was awful the day i took these photos. 


6 comments:

  1. You can definitely rock it! Looks so cute. I'm your new follower, happy blogging! xo

    http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oversized and especially men's shirts to death. I definitely need one plain white one, yours is just perfect!
    Ohh and I HAVE to tell you that your hair is simply amazing! You're such a pretty girl :)

    Love,
    drawnbyfeatherlines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! that made me smile :)

      Delete
  3. Love your photos, you're so pretty! :)

    Carys xx
    http://thenimblemouse.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete